HOME TRUTHS - FACT OR FICTION OF REALITY RENO SHOWS
HOME TRUTHS - Fact or Fiction of reality reno shows
During the Open House Melbourne Open Weekend in July 2020, ArchiTeam and Sounds Like Design presented this panel discussion. it's now available to watch at your leisure.
Home and design reality TV shows are hugely popular, but they don’t always portray the whole picture when it comes to renovating or building your own home. Our expert panel delved into some popular myths and misconceptions arising from reality TV shows, and provide insights and advice about what it really takes to make a great home.
Watch the recording of the event now
- Renovation Survivor, Emma Telfer (Director of Culture and Strategy at Assemble, who renovated her own home in 2016, and was surprised by how much she didn’t know about the process, especially given her work in design advocacy);
- Architect + TV Subject, Marc Bernstein (founder of Melbourne Design Studios, whose own home is currently under construction in front of the TV cameras for Grand Designs Australia);
- Architect + Reno Specialist, Sarah Hobday-North (whose practice Value Architects Group provides “super smart architectural services at fixed prices, with no surprises”);
- Architect + Renovators’ Agony Aunt, Amelia Lee (founder of Undercover Architect, provider of courses, support and mentoring for home builders and renovators); and
- Journalist + Architectural Comms Advisor, Rachael Bernstone (founder of Sounds Like Design, and good design advocate).