EACH FOR EQUAL - International Women's Day
Date: Tuesday 10 March 2020
6:00pm for a 6:30pm start, ending at 8:30pm
CPD - EACH FOR EQUAL
This year’s theme for International Women’s Day 2020 is #EachforEqual.
“Equality is not a women's issue, it's an industry-wide issue. Gender equality is essential for economies and communities to thrive.”
ArchiTeam Cooperative is thrilled to have some truly fantastic speakers lined up to participate in a panel discussion around questions relating to Gender Equity such as:
- What are the daily challenges (as a woman) within our field? What were the pinch-points within the arc of your career? How does one survive or negotiate them?
- What little individual actions or steps create incremental change towards gender equity?
- What is the one thing you know now that you wish you knew earlier in your career?
- How does a more equitable profession benefit the wider built environment?
We would like to invite all ArchiTeamers who are passionate about seeing a more equal profession to come, listen, participate and reflect upon how “individual actions, conversations, behaviours and mindsets can create incremental change. Collectively, we can make change happen.”
As this is also an informal networking event, we invite all attendees to invite one Guest in the form of a consultant or trade contact from the built environment (male or female) who are interested in creating a more equitable profession.
In the interest of managing total attendees, we kindly request that if your have a confirmed Guest that you let the ArchiTeam Office know via email on : email@example.com with their first name, last name and email address.
- Emma Telfer (Director of Culture & Strategy at Assemble/ ex Open House)
- Felicity Watson (Executive Manager, Advocacy, National Trust)
- Yasmin Naghavi (Entertainment and Creative Industries Lawyer at Media Arts Lawyers)
- Colleen Peterson (CEO, Ratio)
MODERATOR: Bernadette Wilson (Victorian/Tasmania Manager, Design Institute of Australia)
Cost: ArchiTeam Members $38, Non Member $49, Student $15
POINTS: 2 formal CPD points
NOTE: This event may be photographed and filmed. Your recorded image may be used by ArchiTeam Cooperative in printed and electronic publications for promotional and educational purposes. By attending this event you are agreeing to ArchiTeam Cooperative using your image for these purposes.