8 OCT - WINNING WORTHWHILE WORK
8 OCT - CPD WINNING WORTHWHILE WORK - fee proposals & the updated CAA
Date: Thursday 8 October
Time: 10am to 12pm
CPD WINNING WORTHWHILE WORK - fee proposals & the updated CAA
As architects, it is natural that we devote our career to honing our tools and skills in the pursuit of design excellence. An often overlooked, and potentially powerful tool is the humble Fee Proposal. In conjunction with the Client Architect Agreement (CAA) , these documents set the foundation for the working relationship between client and architect. Beyond this, they have the potential to communicate the value of our services while providing important contractual safeguards. With proper consideration, these documents can effectively manage client expectations from the outset.
This CPD event brings together insight from industry-leading consultants on fee proposal writing, and a first look at the new release of the ArchiTeam Client Architect Agreement (CAA) with commentary from the authors.
ACC COMPETENCY: Practice Management
The holistic understanding and organisation of the business and profession of architecture in relation to delivering projects. It involves the knowledge and execution of the processes involved in providing architectural services; the knowledge and implementation of appropriate systems to establish and maintain an architectural practice; and the knowledge and enactment of the broad range of ethical and legal obligations required of a Professional Practitioner.
- Learn from these professionals how best to approach and implement these documents, to their greatest effect.
- Learn to use the Fee Proposal and CAA as powerful tools in winning commissions and setting contractual expectations.
- Learn how to harness the CAA to best safeguard against common issues such as: Fee reduction, Scope creep (and reduced profitability), Budget alignment & define the Value of your services
- Ian Motley/Alexandra Howieson - Blue Turtle Consulting (https://blueturtlemc.com/)
- Rebecca Naughtin - ArchiTeam board of directors (rnarchitect.com.au)
- Jonathan Mills - Lawyer,
- Greg Hansen - AustBrokers Countrywide
TIME: 10:00am - 12:00pm
POINTS: 3 Formal CPD points
COST: Member FREE, Non Member $49
NOTE: This event may be photographed and filmed. Your recorded image may be used by ArchiTeam Cooperative in printed and electronic publications for promotional and educational purposes. By attending this event you are agreeing to ArchiTeam Cooperative using your image for these purposes.