30 APRIL: CPD #5 - Stimulus Packages & You
CPD #5 - Stimulus Packages & You
Date: 30 April 2020
Time: 10:00am start, ending around 12:00pm
Location: Online via Zoom
POINTS: 2 Formal CPD points
COST: Members - FREE | Non-members $49
The Coronavirus pandemic has unleashed chaos and destruction on both lives and livelihoods. The Australian Federal and State Governments, like so many others around the world, have stepped up to the plate to create special Stimulus packages to provide targeted relief to businesses. Given the urgent and rushed nature of the announcements (some of which have only just been legislated), there is still a lot of uncertainty and confusion around them.
This CPD event will bring together insights from an Accounting, HR, Law (Commercial Tenancy) and Practice Director/Owner viewpoint to provide greater clarity around the specific eligibility and caveats of each Stimulus Package, based on the most up-to-date information available.
Most importantly, we hope to answer you most pressing questions : “Which one, based on my practice’s specific circumstances, am I able to tap into? And how do I go about it? What is good financial practice during these times? “
- Doone Clifton, Gecko Services – Bookkeeper for creatives
- Warwick Mihaly, Mihaly Slocombe – Architect
- Victoria Wilson, OV Management – HR specialist
- Kieren Mihaly, Owen Dixon Chambers West – Property Law specialist
AACA COMPETENCY: Practice Management – the holistic understanding and organisation of the business and profession of architecture in relation to delivering projects.
- Learn about the eligibility around early access to Superannuation, Cashflow Boost for Business & JobSeeker (for Sole traders)
- Learn about the recent announcements for Rent Relief for Commercial Tenants and what your options/right are.
- Learn about your HR obligations to staff when considering Unpaid Pandemic leave, transitioning to Part-time and best practices for employee morale and retention under reduced contact / workloads.
- Gain a better understanding of other State-based measures that you may be eligible for and how to access them
Tickets are limited, so book in fast!