Membership & Insurance
ArchiTeam is a not for profit cooperative representing over 900 small, medium, and emerging Australian architectural practices.
We are run by the members, for the members.
Our mission is to provide benefits of co-operation to our members, by utilising our combined voices, we are able to support our members in their work and professional learning and raise the profile of our industry. Read more about us.
ArchiTeam members enjoy access to our free awards program, great-value national professional indemnity and public liability insurance through AustBrokers Countrywide, discounts on CPD and events, CPD Online, access to our online member forum, networking and peer support, affordable business documents, and much more. Architects, and students of Architecture are all welcome to become members of ArchiTeam. Apply for membership for $330 (ex gst) per year.
Are you looking for competitive architects' Professional Indemnity insurance?
Under the ArchiTeam Cooperative master policy, which complies with the Architects Insurance Ministerial order, we can help you cut insurance costs, but not the cover.
We understand that as small business owners you are pressed for time and want value for money. That’s why our brokers at AustBrokers Countrywide are able to facilitate our members access to a group insurance policy offering architects Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance.
One simple application, with one flat fee.
MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE APPLICATION FORM
- Professional Indemnity $5 million any one claim with $25 million in aggregate for all participating members
- Public Liability $20 million unlimited in the aggregate
- Legal defense costs provided in addition to the limit of indemnity
- Unlimited Retroactive cover (covers past architectural services undertaken prior to this policy)
- Run-off cover available for retiring members
- Policy excess is costs exclusive and only required to be paid if the insured judged liable or chooses to settle for damages.
Disclaimer: Please make sure you have read and understood the policy wording.
Once accepted as an Insurance Member, under the Rules of ArchiTeam Co-operative Ltd (2016) following completion and acceptance of the Insurance Application Form via the ArchiTeam website, and making payment of the insurance premiums, ArchiTeam undertakes that it will notify an Insurance Member if the insurance cover will not apply for the period represented or is, or is likely to be, canceled or not renewed (insurance availability).
Only current ArchiTeam members can apply to join the Group Insurance Policies once their application has been approved by the Brokers.
Any questions regarding the policies can be directed to the ABCountrywide Broker Vincent Rizzuto 1800 245 123
ArchiTeam Certificate of Insurance
2022-23 PI & PL Policy documents
Features & Benefits
- Professional Indemnity insured with Allianz Australia Limited
- Public and Products Liability insured with Pacific Indemnity Underwriting Solutions (Underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited).
- Internal claims managers are all qualified solicitors, and panel lawyers representing the insured are top tier legal firms
- Full Civil Liability policy extending to breach of professional duty including but not limited to a breach of intellectual property and breach of privacy.
- Contract reviews available, with respect to insurance coverage concerns.
Please make sure you have read and understood the policy wording.
To gain some further insight into how the group insurance policy works, we recommend you watch this video
In 2019 ArchiTeam hosted an information night on the Group Insurance Policies, where ABCountrywide Director Greg Hansen and Broker Vincent Rizzuto spoke about the Group Insurance Policies and answered specific questions from the members. To watch this session, please click here
Members whose insurance needs differ from the group policy can get competitive stand alone cover through our Brokers at Aust Brokers Countrywide.
MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE APPLICATION
MEMBERSHIP AND INSURANCE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Members agree to comply with and are bound by The ArchiTeam Rules (2016). Members must meet any eligibility requirements outlined in the Rules or set out on our website.
- MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Existing Members are contacted each year prior to the expiry date of 31 May, and emailed a secure link to complete an updated membership (and Insurance renewal form if applicable).
- LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES FOR MEMBERSHIP FEE REFUNDS
To the extent permitted by law, all membership fee payments are non-refundable except in the following limited circumstances:
- charges overlap whereby a member may have been charged more than one membership fee; or
- the member has been incorrectly charged due to an error by ArchiTeam or payment facility provider; or
- we have materially failed to deliver on any advertised member benefits that are within our control.
- LAPSED MEMBERSHIP
If you are a current Member (non-insurance) in May of each year, you will be emailed an invoice to renew by 31 May, unless you tell us otherwise by email. If you cancel or let your membership lapse at any time in the twelve months after 31 May and then re-join, you will be charged the full annual fee.
- PAYMENT FAILURES
Payment failures, including due to incorrect or out-of-date payment details, will result in immediate withdrawal of services and deactivation of membership until the applicable payment is processed successfully.
- MEMBER SERVICES & OFFERS
If your membership is cancelled or lapses, ArchiTeam reserves the right to immediately notify any third party who provides goods or services under the ArchiTeam Member Offers scheme that your membership status has changed. Lapsed or cancelled members cannot continue to take advantage of the benefits offered by these third parties under that program. This also includes being a member of the ArchiTeam Members Only Facebook forum.
- Individuals must be a member of ArchiTeam to be able to participate in the ArchiTeam Group Insurance facility as an Insurance Member, through the insurance broker, AustBrokers Countrywide. Further details, policy and terms can be found here: https://www.architeam.net.au/membership/insurance
- The full annual insurance amount is for 12 months from 31 May to the 31 May of each year. If for any reason the applicant joins outside of the due date of 31 May, pro rata payments will be invoiced.
For example, the following insurance pro rata amounts apply if you sign up to be an Insurance Member during the following periods:
- 31 May and 31 August - 100% of the annual insurance fee;]
- 1 September and 30 November - 75% of the annual insurance fee;
- 1 December and 28 February - 50% of the annual insurance fee; and
- 1 March and 1 May -25% of the annual insurance fee (a 15-month membership special can also be offered at this time).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which pro-rata fee applies at the time you apply for membership and insurance.
- Once accepted as a Member, under The ArchiTeam Rules (2016), and following completion and acceptance of the Insurance Application Form via the ArchiTeam website, you can then make payment to join the ArchiTeam Group Insurance Policies. Austbrokers Countrywide will notify any Insurance Member if the insurance cover does not apply for the period represented or whether an alternative policy can be arranged.
- Only current ArchiTeam members can apply to join the ArchiTeam Group Insurance Policies once their application has been approved by the Austbrokers Countrywide.
- By making an application you agreed you have read and understood the insurance policy wording.
- TRANSFER TO RUNOFF INSURANCE
Members who wish to transfer their registration and insurance from practising to non-practising or ‘Run-off Insurance’ must apply for run-off insurance. Once approved, they can proceed to updating their details with their applicable Registration Board.
For members to qualify for ‘Run-off’ cover in the ArchiTeam Group Insurance Policy, they must have participated in the policy for at least one year and satisfy the requirements of the definition of a ‘retired member’, or a member who has ‘ceased trading’, or equivalent, in the applicable Architects Registration Board rules . Any member who does not qualify for ‘Run-off’ cover, is to pay 100% of the expiring premium until they qualify. Refunds are only offered where ArchiTeam has applied the incorrect fee.
Any questions regarding the policies can be directed to Countrywide Insurance Group Pty Ltd (ABN 49 625 733 539 AFSL 511363) T/as AustBrokers Countrywide (please contact Vincent Rizzuto on 1800 245 123).
*ArchiTeam is registered as a co-operative under the Co-operatives Act 1996 (Vic).
Please note: ArchiTeam Co-operative Limited does not hold an Australian Financial Services License and members should consider obtaining their own financial product advice about insurances from a person who is able to give such advice under an Australian Financial Services License. ArchiTeam does not provide financial advice to members. All insurance products and advice on the ArchiTeam Group Insurance policies are provided by AustBrokers Countrywide.
Please complete the easy online form for a quote, link above.