Hello from WCPGW!
Writing this at 11.57 pm on a Sunday night way past any deadline or bedtime, you may forgive the brevity of this piece as the author finds herself truly in the grip of the pre-Christmas vortex, where everything must happen and it somehow does…
I’d like to leave you for the year by sharing a Christmas Wishlist of sorts. This list helps me navigate the everyday of our glorious profession. May some or all of it help you through the coming year, too.
- Put it in writing and date everything
- File it meticulously
- Don’t promise what you can’t deliver
- Keep your client in the loop
- Don’t leave any builder query unanswered
- Keep your turnover figures and the type of projects you do up to date with your insurer to warrant adequate cover
- Promptly notify your insurer of any circumstances from which a claim may arise
- Talk to someone
- Invoice regularly and follow up promptly on missed payments
- Enjoy your work and be proud of your achievements!
Wishing you a lovely Christmas and a recuperative holiday. Until next year
B.M. Director Insurance Portfolio
Disclaimer – ‘What could possibly go wrong?’ is not an advice column, it is only general comment from ArchiTeam who are not aware of your circumstances with any issue that you may have. You cannot rely on these general comments, each member must make their own decisions about any action they should take and seek independent advice of their own if they are unsure.