Friday 6 April
ArchiTeam is presenting a series of 3 workshops in relation to Practice Management.
The first of these is focusing on the Client Architect Agreement and Copyright.
Part 1: Copyright – Presented by Sarah Gilkes, Director of mdp Lawyers
- Better understand how copyright law affects architects, your rights and responsibilities.
- Practical examples of what is reasonable when a client sells land with a planning permit that you obtained.
- Working with developer
- Protecting your rights.
Part 2: Client Architect Agreement: Its purpose, and how to use it to help you. – Presented by Rosemary Ross, RossTang Architects
- Continuing on from the CPD session in 2017.
- Purpose 2 fold: to protect architects, and to help you be reasonably paid for the work that you do
- How to Adapt the Client Architect Agreement to suit your practice
Attendees may be asked to help to draft additional clauses in the standard form ArchiTeam Client Architect agreement in relation to copyright, using the information gained in session 1.
This session will harness the best ideas so that all can benefit.
- Sarah Gilkes, Director – mdp Lawyers
Sarah is specialist expertise in intellectural property and commerical law.
More information about Sarah can be found on the the mdp Lawyers website
- Rosemary Ross, RossTang Architects
Rosemary is founder and co-director of Rosstang Architects, an architectural practice specialising in residential work. Operating since 2004, Rosstang Architects has successfully completed many projects, and has been published both online and in print in Australia and internationally. A student of Melbourne University, Rosemary has also worked in both Melbourne and Sydney for HBO + EMTB as Associate Director, and in Melbourne for Hayball. Rosemary joined ArchiTeam in 2004. After two years on the Member Services committee, Rosemary became director in 2013 and ended her tenure at the end of 2017. Rosemary is enthusiastic about sharing knowledge amongst the architectural profession, maintaining a low cost CPD program, and helping small practice. The Member Services Portfolio has undergone large changes in the past 2 years due to the introduction of compulsory CPD.
Cost: $66 for Members | $88 for Non-Members
Where: Ibis Melbourne Hotel & Apartments, Victoria Room, 15-21 Therry Street – Melbourne, Victoria 3000
When: Registrations from 8am, 8:30am start concludes at 11:30am, 6 April