ArchiTeam is seeking to fill the position of Events and Engagement.
The Events & Engagement role will work closely with the ArchiTeam board, CPD/Conference/Awards committees and CEO in the coordination and running of monthly CPD sessions and events calendar (Incl. workshops and ArchiTeam events with up to 250 attendees – Conference and Awards) as well as negotiating and obtaining sponsorship.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in planning annual CPD and events calendar
- Negotiate and obtain sponsorship
- Booking venues, catering and all other event logistics
- Securing, liaising and coordination of presenters for events
- Maintaining attendance records and organising the issuing of formal CPD certificates
- Updating websites with event information and coordinating electronic event reminders
- Setting up and managing online event booking systems
- Some out of hours work and occasional interstate travel required (flights, accommodation and meals will be provided)
- General administration as required
- Other adhoc duties as required
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in events, preferably in CPD delivery
- Experience in negotiating and obtaining sponsorship
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work within a team and experience working with committees
- Excellent computer knowledge, preferably with experience updating AwardsForce, WordPress, TryBooking, Campaign Monitor, Survey Monkey
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence dealing with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Excellent organisation skills and be confident working independently
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Driver’s license and car
Experience working in architecture, interior design or other related fields is preferable, but not essential.
This is a permanent part time position of two days per week, commencing August 2017.
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 25 August 2017